Normally I try to only post one blog per day - but this day I have to post two, only to share the wise words from My Prince, who is 4 years old.
Last night we were sitting in the living room, just having our "mommy & me" moment. Out of the blue, he said, "Mama, I want a baby sister for Christmas."
*choke*
"Um sweeite, mama's not having anymore babies," I replied, then added the thought that mama told the doctor to make sure she's not capable of breeding anymore.
"But mama, I wanna be a big brother like my big brothers!" Aw. What a cute kid.
"Well honey, you can go talk to Daddy about that," I answered, with a chuckle as I pictured my ex-husband's face in reponse to his son's request.
"MAMA! Babies don't go into the daddy's tummy! They only go into the mommy's tummy! You hafta give me a baby sister!"
*choke*
Since when did my kid get so smart?? Luckily, he became distracted when I fixed his Transformer and the thoughts of having a baby sister suddenly vanished from his mind. *whew* I'll forever be grateful to Optimus Prime for saving me from THAT conversation.
Came by to read your "Not Me", but got waylaid by this post...
ReplyDeleteYour son sounds like such a sweetie! I have been wrestling with the decision to have another child, and I wonder if one day, my daughter will ask me for a sibling and if I'll be ready to give her one. Great food for thought with this post!
~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com
Very cute!
ReplyDelete