I must follow tradiation today, and post another "Not Me" post on this fine Monday afternoon. For those who don't know the history of it, here's MckMama's site. She's another blogger who's fun to follow!
4 days ago, my family hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house. I did NOT spend 6 days cleaning, sanitizing, cleaning, sanitzing, cleaning my house just for 3 guests. And these 3 guests don't care if there's dust on the mantle or hair under the couch. The are the best family to have around, but as many of you know - it still matters to you the most. I did NOT set the table with formal China that included a big plate, a small plate, a smaller plate, and a bowl. I did NOT place TWO forks carefuly next to the plates only to create confusion amongst my children. A small evil laughter did NOT quietly escape my throat as I heard them exlaim "MOM! Why are there TWO forks?" And my witty 4 year old did NOT answer with "So you can hold one in each hand!" And as he said that, he did NOT proudly display his example. I just can't get anything past that kid.
And said dishes are NOT still sitting in my dishwasher. I DON'T feel lazy after cleaning, sanitizing, cleaning, sanitizing, cleaning my house for a week. And of course, the kitchen sink is NOT full of dirty dishes used since Thanksgiving. Ew. Time to step up to the plate, lady!
As tradition would have it, we were to set up the Christmas decorations the Friday after Thanksgiving. All 4 children in tow, shouts of excitement, calling dibs for who gets to put the star on the tree was NOT the scenery of the event. My oldest helped me assemble the pre-lit tree which I did NOT buy 3 years ago only because I was sick and tired of cleaning up pine needles long into the summer months. We plugged away plugging in plugs until the last one was plugged into the wall. My youngest clicked the button on - and lo' and behold - in all seriousness - half the tree did NOT light up. I scratched my head, my kids "aw'd" and my King did NOT chuckle under his breath as he did NOT sit back and watch. All 5 of us (keep in mind, the King proceeded NOT to watch from afar) were under the tree trying to find the reason for half the tree to be dark. Then I did not hear "Uh-oh" come from the mouth of my oldest. I looked, and I did NOT curse all non-G-rated words in my head as I saw the uh-oh. A chewed wire. The tree had been previously stored in a shed that squirrels had also occupied. Apparently they got a little hungry, and felt the need to chew through the wire. In frustration, we proceeded to unstrand the lights that weren't working. I did NOT curse more when I found we had NOT unstranded a perfectly good strand of lit lights. I did NOT give up and tell the children we'll decorate next weekend.
*sigh* I do NOT hate, dispise, hate, dispise squirrels!
I hope everyone had a great holiday!
No comments:
Post a Comment