Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A week full of Dylan-isms

Well, my chatterbox sweet and innocent little boy had some more unsuspecting surprises this week.  Of course, it all has to happen when he's meeting my boyfriend for the first time.

Dylan:  Hey Kenny!  Guess what?
Kenny:  What?
Dylan:  I fell down at school today and had a heart attack!
Kenny:  You had a heart attack?
Dylan:  Yeah!  See?  (Points at elbow)  My heart attack is right there!  See???  (All you see is a small little scrape on his elbow.)

So now, according to Dylan, anytime he falls or gets a scrape, he's having a heart attack.  Oh my.

On the same night, after dinner, we walked over to the park to play at the playground.  Dylan is running around with his new ball I had just purchased for him.  Kenny and I are sitting by, watching and laughing at him.  Dylan went to kick his ball, and instead of actually punting it, he landed on it.  As he landed on it, his body lunged forward, therefore resulting in a face plant right into the gravel.  Of course, as a mother, I'm ready to run to him just in case this should freak him out a bit.  Instead, I found myself holding back fits of giggles as he stood up spitting pebbles out of his mouth.  He muttered, "Well that was just yucky."  Of course, my ability to not laugh failed me miserably.  As I giggled, I walked to him to check him out, asked if he was alright, he responded, "Yeah, I got it all out.  It was in my nose mama!  It's NOT funny!"  Oh dear.

And last, but not least, tonight was just absolutely the best of all Dylan-isms I could possibly post so far.  And I have TWO of them!  Kenny, Dylan, and I went to Chili's for dinner.  After much debate, Dylan picked out his meal and his chocolate milk.  Like a grown boy that he is, he politely asked our server, "I would like the grilled cheese and chocolate milk please."  A few minutes passed by, Kenny and I were served our drinks.  Then another minute later, the chips and salsa are served.  After Dylan had crunched down a few chips, he lets out a big sigh, and says, "Man, I'm thirsty!  Where IS my drink?"  His big brown eyes were just as sad as they could be!  Our server stopped by our table to check on us, Dylan pats his little hand on the table, then says, "May I PLEASE have my chocolate milk???"  I must point out how he was very, very firm on his "PLEASE" but he was incredibly polite!!!  It was way too cute!

Later, it was time to put Dylan to bed.  Kenny sat aside, out of the way, and quiet as he could be.  Dylan was putting up a bit of a struggle, trying to come up with whatever excuse a nearly-five-year-old could possibly think of.  "I'm not tired."  "But I'll miss Kenny."  (AAAAWWwwwWWWWwww) "I'm thirsty."  I explained to him that I didn't want to go to bed too, but I had to because I have to work.  After explaining to him he had to get some sleep so he wouldn't have a bad day at school tomorrow, he said, "But WHY?"  I said, "So you can grow up and be a good worker some day!  You can be whatever you want to be!  Do you know what you want to be when you grow up?"  He said, "Yes."  "What's that?"




"A worker."



Gosh, he's smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment