Time can either be our best friend, or our enemy.
No matter how you look at it, it's always there.
Ticking.
Tocking.
Ticking.
Sometimes I wish it would just stop, or slow down at least. My boys are growing too fast. That woman looking back at me in the mirror is only getting older. She's still the same determined woman who's not about to let time get the best of her. But time is starting to catch up.
There are many years on this old soul of mine. I have seen days I wish to never see again. I have felt pain I wish to never feel again. I have been broken. I have scars. But I have healed. I have learned. I am going forward, steadfast and upright. I'm still young and full of energy. I'm in love. I am loved. I have the best family I could ever ask for. My friends are my rocks. Kenny is my hero.
Time is ticking, for sure. I want events to happen now. But I want things to slow down. Summer is breathing on us now. I will be taking my boys out on fun adventures and showing them how to live, and what life is truly about. Kenny and I will be going on a road trip. I am going to embrace each day of this summer, and I'm going to try and slow each day down the best way I can. I will make sure to live without letting life slip through my fingers.
No comments:
Post a Comment