Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Once Upon A Time

Today is the eve of a very important anniversary that marks the end and beginning of a chapter in my life.  I recall how things were one year ago today.  I was preparing to end a chapter that only brought sadness.  I was facing the next day with some fear, I was anticipating that things were not going to go as planned, I faced a blank future.  I had no idea what was going to happen, I just knew I was going to get out.

I remember who I was a year ago.  I was unsure of myself, I had no self-esteem,, I wasn't even confident in myself.  I was completely dependent on someone who only disappointed me.  I had zero control over my own life.  The only time I felt sure of anything was when I was at work.  I feared the smallest things, even feared having a $5 bill in my pocket.  Happy moments were rare.  I sacrificed my friends for my relationship.

So who am I today?  I am free to be me.  I am confident, and rely only on myself.  I have changed careers, I have a future ahead of me.  I am told I am beautiful every day.  I am loved unconditionally.  I have my mom back.  My boys are happy.  Bills are getting paid.  Overall, I am completely the opposite of the person I was a year ago.  I found myself again. 

Life is good today.  I am in control again.  And damn...it feels GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment