Friday, August 6, 2010

Kharma; the good, the bad, and the ugly

Months have passed since I changed my life.  Things are good.  Really good.  In fact, they're wonderful.  And I'm not just talking about Kenny.

I'm talking about me.

And I'm actually sitting here laughing.  One thing that was said to me during a break up was, "Kharma is a bitch."  You know - it's funny, Kharma really does have a way of coming around.  I've found that good kharma has come my way.  While I was in that relationship, things were bad.  Terrible.  I felt that at that time, I was living in bad kharma.  Everything was a mess, one bad thing after another kept happening.  My self-esteem was shot, my individuality was gone, and my pride was dead.  When I opened my eyes and saw what was happening, I took action immediately.  I also realized that it wasn't just the relationship that I was in, it was how I was deciding to live my life with bad choices.  In no way was I going to allow myself to become a woman trapped in misery, and no way was I going to allow my sons to see their mom be that way.  And in no way, was I going to trap them into the same misery.

And now, there is no misery.  Good things are happening.  My car is great, and paid off.  My bills are slowly getting caught up.  My boys are happy - truly and blissfully happy.  I am madly in love with a man who loves me greater than any man ever loved me.  I am about to move into a beautiful place.  I'm going to live a better life than I've had in a very long time.  Life has a whole new meaning.  I will never allow a relationship determine who I am anymore.  Nobody makes decisions for me, except myself.  It's up to me, and I will be stubborn.

I've been through a lot over the years.  Some would say I have an old soul.  I've seen it all, I've lived it all.  And you know what?  I wouldn't change any of it.  My history has shaped who I am today.  I am blessed to have had the wonderful things that happened, and blessed for having recovered from the bad things.  It's all behind me, and all I have now is my future.

I am at peace now.  I know where I am at in my life.  And I have never been more sure about anything before.

No comments:

Post a Comment