Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by Mckmama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week, but here is what I haven't been doing:
Spring is upon us here in our great wonderful state! I decided it was a great day for hiking, so I packed up my three boys, our lunch, and away into the hills we went. We hiked and hiked and hiked and hiked until we couldn't hike anymore. Well, the kids got hungry. So my hiking partner and I turned them around and took them back to the trailhead for food. On the way back, the wee little Prince was tired, his feet were wet, so up on my back he went, piggy style.
As we were not trecking along, my foot DID NOT find a hole, thus NOT resulting in the rolling of my ankle under not only my weight, but my son's on top of it. No thanks to my new hearing aids, I didn't hear the sound of "snap-crackle-pop" as I went down. Luckily, I got my balance back without losing my kid. My friend swooped my son off my back and we went along. I kept waiting for the pain to set in. I just knew it was going to hurt. But no pain was felt as we kept on going. Not even a flinch. Driving all the way home, no sign of any injury.
Until the boot came off. Holy-mother-of-everything-under-the-sun!!! My foot DID NOT immediately swell up like a balloon. Nothing like this:
OW. And this was the morning after. Ouch.
So off to Urgent Care I went. After nearly 4 hours of waiting, and waiting, and waiting some more, the final diagnosis is "Severe Ankle Sprain." Doc said I would have been better off with a broken ankle, it'd hurt less. I tore up my ligaments all around the top of my foot as well as my ankle bone.
And went home with this:
Doctor's orders: Use crutches and air cast until pain subsides. He DID NOT add, "Oh, and that could take up to 6 weeks."
Seriously?
Ugh.
Thank goodness for 3 VERY helpful boys.


No comments:
Post a Comment